
Now for a funny story:
Last weekend when we were in Maine we visited Fort Williams Park on the ocean. As we walked across the grass towards the playground Hyrum asked me, "What do you call those?" "Swings."
The next thing I know, Hyrum is running towards a huge flock of seagulls yelling, "Swings! Swings!"
Twenty minutes later--when I'd stopped laughing--I told him they were called Seagulls.
Later on in the day, when we were at the beach, Hyrum decided that the seagulls were our enemy. We brought Italian Sandwiches, and the seagulls swooped down and ATE 2 inches of my sandwich out of my hand, on the way to my mouth. I didn't care so much that it took my sandwich. I was more worried that birds were going to poke my eye out. While we were at the beach, we saw 5 other people lose their food. By the end of the day the guy next to us had out a net to catch the birds, and Hyrum tied the end of the towel into a knot and was swinging at anything that came near. It was quite a sight.
Our weekends have been very fun. The weekdays aren't nearly as much fun. I've already had two cold sores since I've been married, and today, just after stepping through the doors at work, I started getting a third. I'll be happy when this training is over and I can start living a more normal life. And as for the learning part of work, I've learned that people are stubborn, I like working with rational people (many of the factory workers are the opposite of rational), and there are too many problems to fix in a one week event. However, hopefully we're at least making a dent in problem solving, and maybe something we do will stick once we're gone.
For now, I'm just hoping this cold sore medicine works!
0 comments:
Post a Comment