Doug and Mini Doug

Jake is very much like his dad! Tonight over dinner I was telling Doug about the upcoming "Day Out With Thomas" event that we did last year. The boys loved it. However, Andrew will be two at the time of the event this year, so we'll have to pay an extra $14 for his ticket. Doug was aghast at how expensive it will be for us all to go. Jake told Doug that he really wants to ride a diesel engine, and he's thinking Diesel #10 would be fun. I could see Doug thinking, and then he said, "Jake, what if we got to ride Electric #11 in Salt Lake?!" (ie: Trax) Jake was temporarily excited and asked if Electric #11 has a claw like Diesel #10. Doug said no, but that Electric 11 has a hand that reaches up and grabs the electrical wires above the street. I thought Doug had him convinced, until Jake scrunched up his face and said, "Daddy, that's a tram!" We all laughed - Jake's a smart boy and I feel like Doug has his match in the little guy. He's only 3!

1 comments:

Jan said...

That's amazing that he knew a tram had the wires hooked overhead! He's smarter than I was at 3!

Post a Comment