Last weekend Hyrum became acquainted with President Lincoln on a trip to Ghettysburg with the ROTC. He had a fun trip, but unfortunately, missed General Conference on Saturday and HIS BIRTHDAY! He got home at about 2 am and woke me up to celebrate.


Luckily, being the GOOD WIFE that I am, I had his presents all wrapped for him, and we got to celebrate a few hours after his birthday was officially over.
Sorry the picture is sideways, but he loved the soccerball from Jenna and Courtney. He's been kicking it around the house ever since (so if anything breaks, I blame you two!) The other gifts were great, too. Thanks. Last time we were at the store, I told him I would buy him new shoes for him for his birthday, because his are two years old. So he opened them and gave me a surprised face.
Then came the actual surprises: A USA world cup soccer jersey and Bandeja Paisa-- which from his point of view is the best Colombian dish there is, and from my point of view is the most TIME CONSUMING colombian dish there is: beans, rice, plantains, chorizo, fried eggs, ground steak, avocado, lime, and a salsa on the side. I spent all of Saturday inbetween conference running to the grocery store(s) and cooking. I went to SIX grocery stores looking for plantains, and luckily found a store 20 minutes away that carried them. He was pretty excited, but I told him not to get his hopes up because I'm never making it again. 
Being a true Hatch, I convinced Hyrum we should to go a haunted house this weekend to celebrate Halloween. We found one an hour away, and I was hoping it turned out to be legit. They set up a haunted house in an old barn, and you wind through all the little rooms for about 20 minutes. Hyrum and I were the only ones going through, and from the second we walked in the door they had us screaming. The guy at the entrance asked if we had any phobias. Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out a HUGE RAT, which he then swung infront of our faces and pushed towards us. It was so gross!! The rest was pretty good, and Hyrum kept trying to be a gentlemen and let me go through the doorways first. As soon as we got out the door at the end, we were laughing at how scared we'd been. When all of a sudden this thing jumped from out of the bushes and started screaming about how we were in the cemetery and to get out of there. Only then did we realize it wasn't over! More creatures started chasing us back INTO the building, where we winded around another 10 minutes. The haunted hayride after that was pretty mild in comparison.
Sorry the picture is sideways, but he loved the soccerball from Jenna and Courtney. He's been kicking it around the house ever since (so if anything breaks, I blame you two!) The other gifts were great, too. Thanks. Last time we were at the store, I told him I would buy him new shoes for him for his birthday, because his are two years old. So he opened them and gave me a surprised face.
Then came the actual surprises: A USA world cup soccer jersey and Bandeja Paisa-- which from his point of view is the best Colombian dish there is, and from my point of view is the most TIME CONSUMING colombian dish there is: beans, rice, plantains, chorizo, fried eggs, ground steak, avocado, lime, and a salsa on the side. I spent all of Saturday inbetween conference running to the grocery store(s) and cooking. I went to SIX grocery stores looking for plantains, and luckily found a store 20 minutes away that carried them. He was pretty excited, but I told him not to get his hopes up because I'm never making it again. 
Being a true Hatch, I convinced Hyrum we should to go a haunted house this weekend to celebrate Halloween. We found one an hour away, and I was hoping it turned out to be legit. They set up a haunted house in an old barn, and you wind through all the little rooms for about 20 minutes. Hyrum and I were the only ones going through, and from the second we walked in the door they had us screaming. The guy at the entrance asked if we had any phobias. Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out a HUGE RAT, which he then swung infront of our faces and pushed towards us. It was so gross!! The rest was pretty good, and Hyrum kept trying to be a gentlemen and let me go through the doorways first. As soon as we got out the door at the end, we were laughing at how scared we'd been. When all of a sudden this thing jumped from out of the bushes and started screaming about how we were in the cemetery and to get out of there. Only then did we realize it wasn't over! More creatures started chasing us back INTO the building, where we winded around another 10 minutes. The haunted hayride after that was pretty mild in comparison.
This picture below is kind of trippy because its sideways. It was from inside the 3d clown house.
Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween!
1 comments:
I would have died in that haunted house. Seriously.
Post a Comment