Them: This is the new Ensign, do you have a copy yet?
Me: Oh yeah, the temple book! I have the old one, which I'd heard went out of print. I'm glad they were able to update it.
Them: No, this is the October Ensign. Do you have it yet?
Me: Well, Hyrum has a subscription in Portuguese, which doesn't help me much. So I usually just read it online.
Them: (handing me their Ensign)
Oh man it took a lot of self control for the both of us to keep the laughter in!! I can't remember which of us explained that he can read in English (uh, we'd already told them he was a student... school would be extremely difficult if one couldn't read...) to which they responded, "Oh, well isn't that nice."
As soon as they left, I started asking Hyrum, "Would you like me to translate that for you?"
1 comments:
ha! ha! that's too funny. At least they're nice, old ladies... they can get away with things like that.
Post a Comment