Thanksgiving lunch

Hyrum and I have been arguing about what "dinner" means.  On Sunday coming home from church I said we're having stir-fry for dinner, and invited someone to come eat with us at 1.  He said, "So it's lunch, or dinner?"  To which I said, "Both."  He kept telling me dinner was at night.  (So what do we call it... Thanksgiving lunch??)

Anyway, that sets the scene for our conversation last night, when again, he told me I was using the word dinner wrong:


Me:  Oh yeah?  As soon as we get home, I'm going to look up "dinner" in the dictionary, and you'll see that I'm right, and you'll ask me for forgiveness.
Hyrum: I might see that you're right... and let's leave it at that. 

1 comments:

Laurel said...

I agree with Hyrum! Breakfast is in the morning, brunch, mid-morning, lunch in the afternoon, and dinner at night. (and supper is a late dinner?)

Post a Comment