A guy from my high school (Scott) randomly facebook friend requested me/messaged 3 weeks ago with questions about the University of Utah. He's applying to pharmacy school there and is at a little school in Missouri, so it's a far place to go for an interview and he wanted to know about the school/location/etc...
So we messaged about that, then eventually (2 weeks ago) it turned into a very religious discussion where he asked me all about our church. He was fascinated and said that he "wants to learn everything about Mormonism and the Book of Mormon!" He was really happy because he had never talked to someone who was LDS before and he said he had a lot of questions. I decided I would read the Book of Mormon in the 25 days before I would see him so I could give him the book and have it marked up and say I had read it and wanted him to do the same. I've been fasting and praying that he will be receptive to the gospel, since (based on our conversations) he seems really ready to hear about and accept it. Last Sunday I used LDS meetinghouse locator to look up his local ward & Bishop. There were 3 in the area, so I picked a random one.
I talked to the Bishop and he said I had called the right number because all the students had been assigned to his ward and there were probably about 30 active singles who have FHE together, activities, and Sunday night dinners. He gave me the missionaries number.
I wanted to have the missionaries' number because my goal for this week was to invite Scott to try out church this Sunday, or to see if he'd be willing to meet with the missionaries (because they'd be much better at answering his religious questions). So I wanted to have the meetinghouse information/times/missionaries numbers ready. However, I didn't hear from him until last night.
I came home and got on facebook and had the following message:
"So a couple Mormon guys just showed up at my door...
I told them we had conversed recently and actually took a copy of The Book of Mormon off their hands.
Poor guys were freezing so I let them come in and we chatted for about 10 minutes, not really about religion because I told them you had answered all my questions thus far.
It made my day a lot better."
I should probably mention that he lives in a college apartment complex and had never talked to any Mormons before, let alone had missionaries randomly show up at his apartment.
Incredible.
1 comments:
So, aren't you glad that you just called up a Bishop to ask them about which ward he'd be in....remember last Sunday when I said you should just do that??!! Way to be a good missionary!!
Post a Comment