Attorney at Law. Kind of.

Today I accepted a job working as a paralegal-turning-attorney at the law firm of Long Okura in Holladay, UT. The firm does exclusively family law, so I'll spend 95% of my time doing divorces and child custory battles. I'll start almost immediately and will work as a paralegal/law clerk until I get sworn in (hopefully May 18!) at which time I will start taking on actual attorney work. I will be taking on my own cases by mid-summer and will be transitioned into a full time attorney position (read, pay increase) by August 1.

I still haven't managed to take an actual vacation (unless you could the week I spent home last may feverishly scrambling to put together my Virginia bar application for 10 hours a day) and hope that this new job will allow for at least a little time off this summer so I can recuperate from the two bar exams, law school, and putting 16k miles on my car in 8 months (without roadtrips, mind you).

Here's to a legit salary, health insurance, and a law-related job!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Yay!!! Congrats Jenna! Let's have a family celebratory dinner! And invite Carolyn too! ;)

Heather said...

Congrats. For a second I was feeling bad that you haven't had a vacation in so long, but then I remembered you have been working part time since you graduated... that in and of itself is kind of like a vacation from real life.

Post a Comment