Why I'm still single.....

Today while I was out watering my lawn, a BMW pulled up outside the house next door that is for sale and an incredibly good looking guy got out and proceeded to walk around the house peering in all the windows.

When he was done, he came over and with a very pleasant voice, started up a conversation. It turns out he is single and looking for a house that he and his sister can buy and live in together with her children. If he liked this house, he would like to eventually turn it back into a one family home (right now it has been converted into a two family home).

So, what do I do? I proceeded to answer all of his questions rather negatively, pointing out that I had thought about buying it but decided it would be too hard to convert back to a one family house, how I really liked the area but it might not be the best for little kids, how the house was owned by the church and had a lot of "patch work" done on the inside. And so on and so on.

Why? I have no idea! Maybe it's because I secretly hope the house never sells so the church realizes they are lucky I actually bought this house and shouldn't have been so nasty during the negotiations.

But, regardless, I should have embraced the possibility of having a neighbor who actually lives in the house that he owns, rather than simply renting it out to college kids who will move in and out in droves....... ESPECIALLY a good looking, nice guy who certainly looked strong enough to shovel the snow off the shared driveway in the winter!

And there you have it.


1 comments:

Jan said...

That is truely a sad tale.....Maybe he'll actually still like the house and move in but never talk to you because he thinks you're down on the neighborhood.

Post a Comment